Pooja Singhal is an Indian civil servant known as the youngest IAS officer at the age of twenty one. Her name was entered in the Limca Book of Records after becoming the youngest IAS officer.
Pooja Singhal was born on Friday, 7 July 1978. age 44 years; by 2022 ) in Dehradun. Their zodiac sign is Cancer. He did his MBA in Business Management from Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Uttarakhand.
Height (approx.): 5′ 7″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Pooja Singhal has kept their names a secret to keep their identities out of the public eye. As a result, their given names are obscure. Singhal is a member of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) from the 2000 group who is now serving as a representative chief in the Khunti region.
parents and siblings
Pooja has a brother named Siddharth Singhal, who is a businessman.
husband and children
Pooja was married to Rahul Purwar, an IAS officer. She later got divorced and married Abhishek Jha, who is a businessman.
Pooja is the Managing Director of Jharkhand State Mineral Development Corporation Limited. In 2021, he was Secretary, Department of Tourism, Art, Culture, Sports and Youth Affairs, Jharkhand. Later, he was transferred and served as the secretary of the Industries, Mines and Geology departments.
- Pooja attracted controversy when she was accused of taking Rs. 16 crore in MGNREGA scam during his tenure as Deputy Commissioner in Khunti district.
- She attracted controversy on May 6, when the ED raided her house and recovered Rs. 19.31 crore cash on his property in Ranchi. In the case registered against Pooja, she was accused of allowing illegal operation of the Pachdoomer sand ghat carried out by contractors selected by her without the permission of the National Board for Wildlife.
- She is a 2000 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer from Jharkhand.
- When she was in school and college, she always topped the class. He joined the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie to receive training for the Civil Services. His friends in the academy called him the future cabinet secretary.
- When she was the Deputy Commissioner in Khunti district, she gave Rs 6 crore to two NGOs under the MGNREGA scheme. After donating the money, the Sabha questioned her, but she was found not guilty.
- When she was the Deputy Commissioner of Palamu, she was accused of irregularities in the allocation of Katautia coal block to Usha Martin Group.
- According to a report, when she was the deputy commissioner of Chatra, she was attacked by Naxalites with a poisonous needle. He was given treatment as soon as possible, and it was later reported that he tried to kill himself with poison.
- When she became the IAS officer of Jharkhand, she busted several godowns and illegal sale of books given to children under the education project. Under his administration, a handicap survey was also conducted for the first time to collect data on physically handicapped people.
- In 2020, she served as the sports secretary when the Jharkhand government supported eight girls from Jharkhand who were selected for the India U17 women’s team.
- After the ED seized Rs. 19.31 crores from Pooja’s house, Director Avinash Das shared Amit Shah and Pooja’s old picture on Twitter. Several Twitter users said that Amit Shah was involved in the illegal mining case against
Who is Pooja Singhal IAS?
Singhal, a 2000 batch IAS officer, had served as the deputy commissioner of the district between 2009 and 2010. Singhal was arrested after raids in several locations across four states on May 11, A day, later she was suspended by the Jharkhand government.
What is the age of IAS Pooja Singhal?
IAS Pooja Singhal Biography: Pooja Singhal is a 2000 batch officer of the Indian Administrative Service. She cleared the UPSC exam at the young age of 21. After selection in UPSC, she got posted in the Jharkhand cadre. Hailing from Dehradun, Pooja Singhal held many important positions in Jharkhand.
Is Pooja Singhal suspended?
A special PMLA court on Monday extended the ED custody of suspended Jharkhand IAS officer Pooja Singhal by four more days in connection with a money laundering case linked to alleged embezzlement of MGNREGA funds, a lawyer of the central agency said.